Grassroot Soccer is committed to safeguarding your privacy and to being clear and transparent. This policy describes how and why Grassroot Soccer uses any personal information we collect when you engage with us. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
This policy was last updated on January 27, 2020.
- Who We Are
- What Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- Access to Your Information and Correction
- How We Protect Information
- Cookie Usage
- Links to Other Websites
- How We Share your Information
- How Long We Store Your Data
- Contact Us
Who We Are
- Grassroot Soccer, a registered 501(c)3 organization in the United States, EIN 43-1957920.
- Our affiliates:
- Grassroot Soccer Education Limited (Zambia) is approved by the Ministry of Finance and National Planning for tax exemption under Section 41 of the Income Tax Act, 1996, as a public benefit organization (company no. 59641).
- Grassroot Soccer South Africa is a registered non-profit making organization under the Companies Act of South Africa, No 71, and is a Section 21 charitable organization (company no. 2006/010913/08).
- Grassroot Soccer (UK) is a private company limited by guarantee incorporated in England and Wales (company no. 07120992), and is a registered charity in England and Wales (no. 1135364).
Grassroot Soccer’s website is hosted in the USA, and our constituent database is controlled and managed in the USA. In addition to complying with US regulations, all data collected via the website and/or in our constituent database, including data from constituents in the European Union, is treated to the standards of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
What Information We Collect
The following lists the most common ways in which we collect your personal information.
- When you sign up to receive email newsletters from us
- When you make a donation to us
- When you register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives, and events
- When you request information or assistance
- In conjunction with your employment inquiries or applications
- When you participate with social media accounts involving Grassroot Soccer properties
- In conjunction with any verification of your information
- In conjunction with investigations into any activity that may violate the law or the Website’s terms and conditions
- In conjunction with any other place on the Website where you knowingly volunteer personal information, such as through an online contact form
- Information from third parties, such as fundraising sites or wealth screening companies
- Information in the public domain, such as newspaper articles or websites
The types of personal information that Grassroot Soccer collects may include:
- Your title, name, gender and date of birth
- Your contact details (address, email, phone number and social media contact details)
- Family and spouse/partner details, relationships to other supporters
- Your professional activities and employment details
- Current interests and activities
- Records of donations and GiftAid status
- Contact preferences
- Information about your wealth
- Media articles about you
- Your IP address, location, browser type and information on how you interact on our website
- Your bank or credit card details in line with payment card industry standards
- Any other information provided by yourself at the request of Grassroot Soccer
How We Use Your Information
Grassroot Soccer uses the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- To help us with understanding more about how our communication channels, including our website, are used, and to perform statistical and demographic analyses of users
- To send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise. If you indicated that you are interested in receiving regular information about Grassroot Soccer’s work we will send you communications regarding Grassroot Soccer’s work and activities, either electronically or otherwise, such as newsletters, event notifications, and donation appeals.
- Communicating with you about a transaction
- To notify you about changes to our policies
Access to Your Information and Correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
How we protect information
Grassroot Soccer attempts to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your personal information. No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that personal information remains confidential during transmission over the internet, so any transmission is at your own risk. Grassroot Soccer uses industry accepted data collection and encryption methodologies in an attempt to insure the secure collection and transmission of sensitive user information. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Links to Other Websites
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of other organizations. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How We Share Your Information
Grassroot Soccer does not sell or share donor information, except in cases of donation processing. We do not send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.
We will never sell or rent your information to third parties for marketing purposes. However we may disclose your information to third parties acting as agents and data processors carrying out work on our behalf, such as donation processing companies or suppliers of email marketing services. These entities have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain confidentiality and security.
For example, when you are using our secure online donation pages you are going through to a partner company and the information you give, such as your credit card number and contact information, is provided so that the transaction can take place.
We comply with all laws to which we are subject. With respect to personally identifiable information you provide to us, we will only disclose it to the extent that we, in good faith, believe that applicable law requires it.
How Long We Store Your Data
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity. If you request that we stop sending you marketing materials we will keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us.
- By email at email@example.com
- By mail to: Grassroot Soccer, 15 Lebanon Street, Hanover, NH 03755